537,066 immigrants make up 9.8% of the state’s population.
Immigrant Entrepreneurs Invigorate The Economy
One in 10 self-employed business owners in Colorado is an immigrant. This leads to a total of $825,900,00 annual revenue generated by these immigrant-owned businesses.
Immigrants are an Integral Part of Communities
38.7% of all immigrants in Colorado are naturalized U.S citizens.
72.5% of immigrants in Colorado speak English “well” or “very well”
Immigrant Households Strengthen the Economy
- $10,800,000,000 in spending power
- $2,300,000,000 in federal taxes
- $1,000,000,000 in state and local taxes
Immigrants are Essential to the Labor Force
One in nine workers in the Colorado labor force is an Immigrant.
Over one-fifth of all workers in Colorado’s construction industry are immigrants.
The largest shares of immigrants in Colorado’s labor force work in the following occupations:
- 31.9% are building and Grounds Cleaning
- 27.5% are in Maintenance
- 22.6% are in Construction and Extraction Farming, Fishing, and Forestry
Source: American Immigration Council, “Immigrants In Colorado”, 2017.